SITARAM JINDAL HONORED WITH PADMA BHUSHAN FOR EXEMPLARY CONTRIBUTIONS TO NATURECURE AND PHILANTHROPY
Bengaluru, 06 February 2024: Dr. Sitaram Jindal, a distinguished figure in the realms of philanthropy and healthcare, has been bestowed with the prestigious Padma Bhushan, eliciting widespread excitement throughout India. The accolade is attributed to his significant role in his unparalleled philanthropic endeavors, particularly in the field of Naturecure. Dr. Jindal’s groundbreaking contributions to drugless therapy and the establishment of the Jindal Naturecure Institute (JNI) have earned him this esteemed recognition.
Born in 1932 in the remote village of Nalwa in Haryana, Dr. Jindal’s journey towards Naturecure began during his university years when he battled abdominal tuberculosis. Faced with a seemingly incurable condition, he sought refuge in a small Naturecure clinic, experiencing relief through fasting, enemas, and other unconventional methods. This transformative experience sparked his unwavering faith in Naturecure and Yoga.
Driven by a vision to establish a comprehensive Naturopathy and Yoga hospital, Dr. Jindal acquired a vast expanse of land on the outskirts of Bangalore in 1977-79. This marked the inception of JNI, equipped with a research wing funded generously by Jindal Aluminium Limited (JAL), demonstrating Dr. Jindal’s commitment to elevating Naturecure to new heights.
In stark contrast to conventional Naturecure treatments prevalent at the time, Dr. Jindal embarked on a mission to modernize and innovate this science. Recognizing the lack of enthusiasm and development in orthodox Naturecure practices, he dedicated himself to uplifting and promoting drugless therapies. The SJ Foundation, founded in 1969, became a financial pillar for his charitable initiatives, relying solely on contributions from JAL, without seeking support from the government or other individuals.
Dr. Jindal’s tireless efforts have significantly impacted the field of drugless healing, establishing JNI as a world-class facility specializing in the treatment of various ailments, including asthma, diabetes, hypertension, arthritis, and even some cases of cancer. The institute, boasting 550 beds, has become a beacon of hope for those seeking drug-free alternatives for their health concerns.
In addition to JNI, Dr. Jindal has championed numerous charitable activities, showcasing his commitment to social reform. This includes the establishment of allopathy hospitals, schools, and colleges, rural development initiatives, adoption of villages for healthcare and education, and support for various NGOs working tirelessly in healthcare and education.
Dr. Jindal’s philanthropic endeavors extend beyond Naturecure, encompassing the establishment of eight charitable entities in his native village, Nalwa, benefitting a significant population in the surrounding areas. His dedication to social welfare is further evident in his support for underprivileged students through scholarships and the financial backing of NGOs committed to healthcare and education.
The impact of Dr. Jindal’s work goes beyond the walls of JNI. His holistic approach to health, emphasizing Naturopathy and Yoga, has transformed the lives of millions globally. His commitment to preventive care and raising awareness about the side effects of drugs aligns with his belief that Naturopathy can significantly alleviate the burden on allopathic hospitals.
Throughout his journey, Dr. Jindal has introduced numerous innovations and therapies, addressing a spectrum of health issues. From simplified abdomen packs to herbal teas, spinal bath tubs, and cold and hot reflexology tracks, his contributions have expanded the repertoire of Naturecure treatments.
In acknowledgment of his visionary leadership and immense contributions, Dr. Jindal has received accolades from eminent personalities, including former Prime Ministers Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Chandrashekar, I.K. Gujral, H.D. Deve Gowda, Deputy Prime Minister Devi Lal, and former Chief Minister of Karnataka Ramakrishna Hegde.
Dr. Jindal’s relentless pursuit of the betterment of society extends beyond healthcare. He has been a vocal advocate for Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), urging industrialists to allocate a portion of their profits to eliminate poverty. His ongoing struggle with the government to increase the mandated CSR percentage reflects his unwavering commitment to social welfare.
Dr. Sitaram Jindal’s life and work epitomize a harmonious blend of business success and compassionate service to humanity. His dedication to Naturecure and philanthropy has left an indelible mark on the landscape of healthcare and social reform, making him a deserving recipient of the Padma Bhushan.
For more details:
Eminent Personalities Speak
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Former Prime Minister of India: The 10 days I spent at Jindal Institute of Naturopathy will always glitter like a bright star on the canvas of my memories. Naturecure can be considered as a better system compared to other branches of medicine since drugs are not used to eliminate disease. I congratulate Dr. Sitaram Jindal for establishing this Institute.
- Shri Chandrashekar, Former Prime Minister of India: I am grateful to my friend Viren Shah, who compelled me and Piloo Modi to come to this Institute where we would see for ourselves the excellent work being done in the service of mankind. I am glad that Shri Sitaram Jindal has taken up this project. He deserves our congratulations. I wish him well.
- Shri I.K. Gujral, Former Prime Minister of India: Both my wife and I have spent a very memorable 3 weeks here that have transformed our views about the applicability of naturopathy and yoga to everyday life. Our stay has done us immense good. Shri S.R. Jindal’s gift to the nation in the form of this institution marks him as a man of vision, dedication and commitment to human values.
- Shri H.D.Deve Gowda, Former Prime Minister of India: I have known Dr.Sitaram Jindal for over two decades as an Industrialist and philanthropist doing yeoman service for the rural poor. His services have been widely acclaimed by the villagers who are grateful to him in the areas of education, health, drinking water supply etc. He went ahead to do more by establishing the Institute of Naturopathy at Bangalore, a modern drugless naturopathy hospital as well as many other charitable entities plus more.
- Shri Devi Lal, Former Deputy Prime Minister of India: Situated in beautiful sylvan surroundings, the Institute of Naturopathy provides much-needed relief both to the body and mind. I was highly benefited during my stay of 15 days. Shri Sitaramji is rendering yeoman service to humanity for its betterment.
- Shri Ramakrishna Hegde, Former Chief Minister of Karnataka: I religiously come to the Institute once a year and stay for 10 days. I have been doing this for the last eleven years. This is the best of such Institutes anywhere in the world. Situated in an ideal environment, it has all the facilities – both traditional and modern. Shri Sitaram Jindal who has built this unique Institute deserves rich compliments.